Karl Rupp is of counsel to the Kendall Law Group. Mr. Rupp's highly specialized practice consists of patent litigation and federal criminal defense. Karl is a 25-year licensed lawyer in Texas and California, as well as numerous federal trial and appellate courts across the country, including the Federal Circuit and US Supreme Court, Mr. Rupp has personally tried dozens of jury trials to successful judgment and has argued and won precedent-setting decisions in various appellate courts, including the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit, the Ninth Circuit, and the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
Born in Texas and educated in California, Mr. Rupp was raised in Colombia and reads, writes and speaks Spanish fluently. Mr. Rupp has dual degrees in telecommunications and international relations.
Mr. Rupp learned to try jury cases as a federal public defender, first in San Diego and then in Dallas. His experience has served him well in the representation of clients being investigated or accused in federal criminal matters. That same litigation skill set has been used in his other area of practice–patent infringement litigation in the Eastern and Northern District of Texas. He works on these types of cases with Joe Kendall.
- State of California, 1993
- State of Texas, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Juris Doctor, University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, 1993
- Honors: Am. Jur. Awards – Constitutional Law, Evidence, Advanced Trial Advocacy
- Honors: Univ. San Diego Mock Trial Team
- Bachelor of Arts, Baylor University, 1990
- Fluent in Spanish